Terms and conditions
- Phorest provide a online retail software service to salons and spas. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the service. This is a legal agreement between you, the "user" and Phorest Online Retail Services for all parts of the online retail service. References to "services provider" or "third parties" means the business that you purchase the product from, for example a salon, spa, wellness, holistic or any other type of services business.
- No third parties or us give any guarantee that the information on this website will be error free. By using this website you understand that the information may contain errors and we do not accept liability for these errors, to the amount that is allowed by law.
- All purchases for products on this website are made with the service provider and not with Phorest. Phorest only facilitates the online retail with the service provider. The contract is between you and the service provider and Phorest is not part of that agreement, and therefore Phorest has no direct or indirect responsibility in that contract. Before making a purchase, you need to check that you agree with the service provider's terms and conditions.
- Phorest tries to make sure that the products listed are of reasonable standard, but the listing of products on this website is not a recommendation from Phorest, or that the products will be suitable for the user. Phorest will not be liable to you if the products are not suitable to you. Your use or any information on this website is totally your own risk, for which we will not be liable. It is your own responsibility to make sure that any products or information available through this website meet your specific needs.
No unlawful or prohibited use
- By using this website you confirm to Phorest that you will not use this website for any purpose that is against the law or not allowed by these terms.
Links to third party sites
- This website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by parties other than Phorest. These hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. Phorest does not control those websites and is not responsible for their contents. By having hyperlinks on this website to other websites does not mean we endorse the material on those websites or that we have any association with the website operators.
When an order is confirmed
- Phorest does not accept responsibility for orders made by the user or by the services provider. Phorest does not accept any liability for losses, additional expenses or any claim because of changes in salon products, sickness, weather, strikes or any other cause. All losses, extra fees or claims will be your responsibility unless otherwise agreed between you and the service provider.
No Liability in credit or debit card transactions
- Phorest makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that all credit card and debit card transactions are secure. HOWEVER, if unauthorised charges appear on your credit card or debit card statement for any card used on this website at any time during or after you make your purchase, conduct your transaction or disclose your card details on this website, Phorest shall not be liable or responsible in any way in respect of any damage or loss of whatsoever nature suffered by you arising from or in any way connected with said use, transaction or disclosure, subject only to any statutory rights which you may have.
Copyright, notice and limited license
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. Any persons breaching any of this provision will be prosecuted.
Automatic collection of information/cookies
- Phorest's website's server, or the servers of companies that are used to operate this site, may place a "cookie" on your computer in order to allow you to use the website and to personalize your experience. A "cookie" is a small piece of data that can be sent by a web server to your computer, which then may be stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Cookies allow us to recognize your computer while you are on our website and help customize your online experience and make it more convenient for you. Cookies are also useful in allowing more efficient log-in for users,tracking transaction histories and preserving information between sessions. The information collected from cookies may also be used to improve the functionality of the website.
- Most web browser applications (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator) have features that can notify you when you receive a cookie or prevent cookies from being sent. If you disable cookies, however, you may not be able to use certain personalized functions of this website.
Information collection and how it is used
- We do collect personal information directly from individuals who volunteer to use some of our services. Collection of this information is required to deliver the specific services, but use of these services is voluntary.
Modification of these terms and conditions
- Phorest reserves the right to change these Terms as well as the contents of this website for any reason and without notice, and without liability to you, any other user or any third party. This right shall not affect the Terms accepted by you upon making a legitimate reservation or purchase using this website. You should check these Terms for any changes each time you access the website.
- All use by you of Phorest's services is at your own risk. You assume complete responsibility for and for all risk or loss resulting from your downloading an/or use of or referring to or relying on information, products, services or materials provided on this website. You agree that Phorest and the providers of telecommunications and network services to Phorest will not be liable for damages arising after your use or inability to use this website and you hereby waive all claims with respect thereto whether based on contract, tort or other grounds.
- This website is available to all users "as is". Phorest makes no representations, warranties or undertakings that this website, or the server that makes it available, will be free from defects, including, but not limited to viruses or other harmful elements. Phorest accepts no liability for any infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorised access, intervention, alteration or use, fraud, theft, technical failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, or any event or occurrence beyond its control, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness and the integrity or proper conduct of any aspect of this website.
- To the greatest extent permitted by applicable law, all products, warranties and conditions, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise are hereby excluded, including without limitation representations, warranties or undertakings about any of the services, information and/or materials on this website, including without limitation, their accuracy, their completeness or the merchantability, quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
General terms and conditions
- These Terms and your use of this website are governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Republic of Ireland courts in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this website each time you access the website. Use of this website is unauthorised in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions including without limitation this paragraph.
- Phorest is committed to protecting an individual's privacy. This policy covers the personal information that Phorest holds and sets out the way in which Phorest will use, manage and protect personal information that comes into the possession of Phorest.
- Phorest will only collect and use personal information that is necessary for its business purposes, and for the health and safety requirements of its staff. All information collected is treated as confidential, and will only be used for the purpose for which it was supplied, unless permission has been obtained. Information will be collected by lawful, fair and unobtrusive means. Any sensitive information will be collected with the individual's consent.
- Phorest will not disclose any personal information to an unrelated third party except with the consent of the individual or where required by law to do so.
- Phorest will only keep personal information it needs. Information is stored in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper based files. Reasonable steps will be taken to securely destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when it is no longer required.
- Phorest uses your details to operate Phorest and, occasionally, to inform you of new features, services and products from Phorest. On occasions, we may supply statistics about our customers to third parties. These statistics never contain personally identifying information.