Phorest Online Booking Privacy Notice
The following privacy notice outlines how nDevor Systems Ltd T/A Phorest (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gathers, processes, and protects personal data, stored on behalf of Data Controllers . Phorest is a software company that provides services including provision of software to salons and other businesses to manage their business, online booking services and SMS delivery. The following privacy notice refers to the processing of personal data for online bookings.
The data protection officer for the organisation is Garrett Ahern. You can contact the data protection officer by sending an email to email@example.com or writing to Data Protection Officer, Phorest, 9 Anglesea Row, Dublin 7, Ireland.
Personal data collected
We take your privacy seriously and will never sell or rent your personal data to any third-party. We need to obtain and process your personal data to provide you with our software, services and to fulfil our business and legal obligations. We will never collect any personal information from you that we do not need or retain any data that is no longer necessary for the purposes specified in this notice. Personal data is provided to us through Phorest’s online booking software
Your personal data is collected and processed for the following purposes:
- In the performance of a contract to complete appointment booking payments through our software.
- As part of our legal obligation for accounting and tax purposes.
Rights of the individual
The individual holds a number of rights in relation to the personal information that we hold on them, which includes:
- The right to access what personal data we hold about the individual.
- The right to be informed of how we are using the individual’s personal data.
- The right to request the erasure of the personal data we hold on the individual.
- The right to object to us processing the individual’s personal data or restrict us from processing some or all of the individual’s personal data.
- The right to object to direct marketing from us.
- The right to request the correction of incorrect information we hold on the individual.
- The right to request that we transfer the information we hold on the individual to another service provider.
- The right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority.
If we receive a request from the individual to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Data Sharing, Third Parties & Data Processors
We disclose your personal data to third parties for the purposes of providing a service to you, running our business, and when required by law and to enforce our legal rights.
We share your personal data with the following categories of companies:
- Payment providers to facilitate payments made to us.
- Accountancy firm to fulfil our legal obligations.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
Phorest retains your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with our services as our client and under the following criteria:
- Where there is a legal basis, obligation or legitimate interest to continuing processing your personal information.
- Where processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Transfers of personal information
When personal data of persons located in the EU is processed through Phorest software, all of it is held within the EU. Your information is processed by the Phorest software and stored in the Amazon Web Services cloud infrastructure. During this process your data is encrypted in transit and at rest.
Consequences of not providing your personal information to Phorest
In the event that you want to book an appointment through our software, certain personal information is required to enter into a contract with you. You can always choose not to provide personal information. However, Phorest may not be able to enter into a contract with you to fulfil appointment booking if you do not provide your personal information.
Safeguarding your Personal Data
All information passed to the Phorest system is encrypted during data input and transfer to the cloud. Phorest employs appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data.
In the occurrence that you want to contact us with any questions about this privacy notice or make a complaint about how your personal data was gathered or how it is being processed by Phorest (or third parties used by Phorest), please contact Phorest and our Phorest Data Protection Officer.
Phorest Data Protection Officer
The data protection officer for the organisation is Garrett Ahern. You can contact the data protection officer by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to our privacy notice
We may change this notice from time to time. All changes will be posted and updated here. We will notify you directly by email (if we hold one for you) if any significant changes occur. We advise you to check back here frequently to review the most current version of this notice.